If You Are A Provider Who Submitted Claims To Medicare For Telehealth Services During The Public Health Emergency – Beware!January 23, 2022
- The Office of Inspector General (OIG) released a statement in January that it’s ramping up audits of Medicare Part B telehealth services. These audits will focus on:
- Distant and originating site locations,
- Virtual check-in services,
- Electronic visits,
- Remote patient monitoring (RPM),
- Telehealth technology, and
- Annual wellness visits (AWV)
What Can You Do to Prepare?
- Providers who billed, or are currently billing Medicare for telehealth services should self-audit now to determine if billed services meet Medicare requirements.
GHA can help. Our team of certified coders, experienced auditors, and provider educators work side by side with providers to:
- Identify and correct issues early,
- Mitigate risk of overpayments and penalties, and
- Manage audits that are already in progress.
Don’t be caught unprepared.
Click Here to download the Alert.